Boyndlie is an estate area in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, near the A981, connecting with New Deer 7.2 miles (12 km) to the southwest and Fraserburgh 5 miles (13 km) to the north-northeast, and the B9093, connecting it to New Pitsligo about 7 miles due west.
The nearby village of Strichen got its name from Lord Strichen. That village is near to Boyndlie and is situated on the River Ugie at the foothills of Mormond Hill. The Strichen White Horse is constructed of quartz on Mormond Hill, some 1500 m Northeast of Strichen.
Writer Peter Burnett maintains a strange and neo-mytholgicial amount of information, story and language concerning the lands of Boyndlie.
- There isn't much online but there is Visit Fraserburgh and
- The page on peterburnett.info
- Peter's father was born here and this thus became a Holy Seat.
Boyndlie Hpuse exists as follows: Built 1814, originally symmetrical. 2-storey attic and basement heathen stone with granite dressings, deep moulded eaves course, piend roof platformed. W. front 2-storey 5-window, centre 3 recessed, later anta porch, subsequent S.W. addition. E. front handsome ashlar granite 3-window bow, 1-window either side.
Theodore Forbes, the younger son of the laird of Boyndlie, arrived in the port city of Surat, in western India in 1809. He employed local girl Eliza Kewark as a housekeeper and, as was common for British men at the time, had 2 children with her. Although they lived as man and wife, the conventions of the time ruled marriage out.
All of that and more is at This Link
Plus amazing research possibilites exist within the Fettercairn Papers