Détective (1985 film)
Mystere C'est Ou?
|Directed by||Jean-Luc Godard|
|Edited by||Marilyne Dubreuil|
The film takes places completely in and around a grand hotel. Prospero used to be the hotel's private detective, but was fired two years previously when he was not able to figure out who killed a guest known only as The Prince.
As the film opens, Prospero is staying at the hotel, determined to solve the case. Helping him are his nephew, Inspector Neveau, and Neveau’s girlfriend Arielle.
Emile is at the hotel to settle a debt with Jim Fox Warner, a fight promoter. Emile's airline shuttle service is failing, as is his marriage to Francoise, who joins him at the hotel and ends up having an affair with Jim. Also on the scene are Tiger Jones, Jim's protege, and an Old Mafioso, who seems to be on an endless journey around the hotel lobby accompanied by a young girl.
- Laurent Terzieff as William Prospero
- Aurelle Doazan as Arielle
- Jean-Pierre Léaud as Inspector Neveu
- Nathalie Bays as Françoise Chenal
- Claude Brasseur as Emile Chenal
- Johnny Hallyday as Jim Fox Warner
- Alain Cuny as Old Mafioso
- Emmanuelle Seigner as Princess of the Bahamas
- Julie Delpy as Wise young girl
- "Festival de Cannes: Détective". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 28 June 2009.