A Blog about Books, exclusively WIKIAN in its style and God Forbid, its aims, may seem to savour of the obsession which, in matters of art and historical research, is, with reason enough, often scoffed at as a treacherous guide.
No doubt in these pleasant studies obsession acts as a magnifying-glass, making us unduly exaggerate details. On the other hand, it encourages us to try to discover books afresh, and just at present this encouragement seems to be needed.
There are so many gaps in our knowledge of books that we can hardly claim that our own dwelling is set in order, and yet many of our readers appear more inclined to re-decorate their neighbours' houses than to do work that still urgently needs to be done at home.
The reasons for this transference of energy are not far to seek. It is quite easy to be struck with the inferiority of the internet and its accessories, such as book blogs and social media sites, but those items which we yet produce, sit so softly in the hand and work so well to calm the mind.
There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
The covers of this book are too far apart.
There is much to discover that's not on the back cover!
A pure hand needs no glove to cover it.
When a book and a head collide and there is a hollow sound, is it always from the book?
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Are we not like two volumes of one book?
A book is always to be judged by its cover, otherwise there would be no need for them to tell you not to.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category ‘Books’
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- Tactical Reading: A Snappy Guide to the Snap Election
- Tartan Noir
- The Anatomy of Melancholy
- The Book of Ponzio
- The Curse of Loch Ness by Peter Tremayne
- The Day The Machines Stopped
- The Heavy Bag by Ross Wilson
- The Hill of the Red Fox
- The Iron Thorn
- The Keep by F. Paul Wilson
- The Last Starship From Earth
- The Loser by Thomas Bernhard
- The Machine Doctor
- The Nameless
- The One O'Clock Gun Anthology
- The Overman Culture
- The Quincunx of Time
- The Red Man Turns to Green
- The Search For Scottish Identity
- The Sinner by Stuart MacGregor
- The Spaceships of Ezekiel
- The Stainless Steel Rat
- The Story of Cole Younger by Himself
- The Studio Game
- The Supper Book
- Too ok by Colin Herd
Media in category ‘Books’
The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.
- 20170602 145722.jpg
- Bernhard the loser.JPG
- Beyond identity.jpg
- Cole younger by himsel...
- Finite love.jpg
- John herdman novellas.jpg
- Keelie Kyrielle.mp3
- Nan shepherd.JPG
- One o clock gun anthol...
- Stack of Books.JPG
- Stuart Macgregor Poems...
- The Book of Ponzio.jpg